Thursday 5 February 2015

Tribal

The land that time forgot

My coursework has been inspired from the distinct tribes in Papua New Guinea. PNG tribes is rapidly becoming a vanishing culture and before they completely disappear, I wanted to show that extreme remote tribes like in PNG do exist and they ought to be explored. Besides, the culture of PNG is many-sided and complex. Each group has created its own expressive forms in art, dance, costumes, singing, music, architecture and more.
I predominantly represented 6 tribes:
  • Meakambut tribe
  • Huli tribe
  • Karo tribe
  • Asmat tribe
  • Kaningara tribe (vulnerable to extinction in the years to come)
  • Baining tribe
  • Goroka tribe
My work evokes cannibalism, witchcraft, beliefs, rituals, landscapes, animals and patterns.




Just sharing, my upcoming posts will be about how my coursework was done!
Enjoy! Nadia :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog?

This blog is to inspire students for their Art projects, just like me, few years back..Looking for inspiration (really hard sometimes) ...I had this idea in mind "So why not help others?". Here you go, it's been created and hoping it would help you..
Yeah, art lovers/amateurs/critics, you're most welcome to drop in and leave a comment.
Happy viewing, Nadia..