Monday 13 June 2016

DIY Starfish

For my recent media experimentation, I wanted to do something I never did before! Paper mache. It might sound weird but nope I never tried it out. I looked up on YouTube and came across an amazing video whereby explaining the steps clearly.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKANmTxUYRo

I used the same base as she did,

  • Cardboard starfish outline
  • newspaper
  • masking tape
The next steps were carried out differently as I used normal acrylic paint and no copper coating. Only 2 thick coatings were necessary to give the starfish it's colour and on top I used silica sand for the texture. And that's it :) your own DIY starfish.
Just make sure to follow the steps and regular acrylic paint works as well!

The results are below:

Overview

Close up texture
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog?

This blog is to inspire students for their Art projects, just like me, few years back..Looking for inspiration (really hard sometimes) ...I had this idea in mind "So why not help others?". Here you go, it's been created and hoping it would help you..
Yeah, art lovers/amateurs/critics, you're most welcome to drop in and leave a comment.
Happy viewing, Nadia..